Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Transport of Antlers

I've just discovered that, unfortunately, I will not be able to take my antlers on board my flight to Ukraine. Apparently the airline has policies about antlers:

Antlers
"Northwest accepts antlers retained as hunting trophies as checked luggage only and only for travel within/between US/PR/VI/CA. A fee of $100 USD/CAD each-way per animal rack/antler will apply. Animal racks/antlers are not included as part of the free baggage allowance.

Northwest does not accept liability for loss, damage, or delay of antlers. Excess valuation insurance may not be purchased for transport of antlers."

So, no antlers for me. It would be way too expensive. I'm going to be so sad without my antlers. I'll have to settle for toting my sewing machine instead.

I'm looking up baggage restrictions right now. I don't know why everything goes so much slower than I think it should. I just think "I'll get on the internet really quick and check the baggage stuff"...and before I know, it hours have passed. Maybe I need to quit reading the restrictions on antlers?

I can't blog a lot right now and might not for a week or two, because I'm working at Mrs. Castleberry's doing mosaics this week and next. I'm really thankful for the job, just trying to rest in the fact that God can take care of what I'm not getting done at home.

Four weeks and two days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wot, no blog? For HOW long? :(

:)

Anonju

Lauren S. said...

Oh no! I feel your pain. I'll pray for you as you trust God with your antlers.