Thursday, July 3, 2008

Knots

I have to say just a little something, even if it's not worth much. I don't know what it is about blogging that is so...addictive? alluring? somehow necessary?

It seems cool out for being the Fourth of July. Or the Third of July. In fact, I want to go out side and take a walk, or just sit somewhere. I've been concentrating so hard on work. Tonight we're going to see fireworks, as tradition dictates...Tradition, TRADITION!! You know, Fiddler on the Roof...

Gosh, my mind is wandering...it's sort of theraputic, actually. There's something about thinking of Fiddler on the Roof right now that makes me want to cry. Don't ask me why; it certainly hasn't evoked that kind of emotion in me before. Also, I feel sad every time I hear that song "Ever Faithful," by David Crowder Band (which I've heard a lot- K-Love, you remember). I love that song, but it makes achy knots in my chest.

Last night I went to our cousins' next door for a board game night. It was nice to go somewhere and actually feel comfortable among strangers. I mean, obviously my cousins weren't strangers, but I didn't know some of the people there. It was a really nice time though, and I felt so cared for that they asked me over. We played Scrabble and Clue, and talked for a while, and ate snacks. I forget sometimes that it's good to just hang around and listen and laugh with other people! Silly me.

2 comments:

Stephen Camp said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the game night! I was afraid for awhile there we'd let the conversation about computers go on for too long.

We'll have to do it again sometime.

Cassie said...

No problem. Hey, maybe I learned some things!