Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hug-Me the Old Bear

Well, since Lexie commented about Hug-Me, I decided I needed to introduce him to everyone, poor little soul. Although I can't say much, because my beloved childhood companion is now a yellowed, stained individual long since robbed of its head-stuffing. I can't bear to throw him away, but would never expose such a sacred relic to cyberspace. And no, I'm not taking my bunny with me to Ukraine.

Here is Hug-Me, who, like the Velveteen rabbit, is surely well on his way to becoming "real." He belonged to Mom when she was little, and then Connor, and now Ethan, when he feels the need. He has some patches. Connor took him to the hospital once and the nurse put bandaids on the places where the stuffing was coming out. Later, Mom bandaged him permanently with old socks, so now he's sort of...vintage...to put it kindly.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you have no idea how old it makes me feel to realize my teddy is vintage!
Mom

Cassie said...

oops, sorry Mommy dear...I wasn't thinking of it that way...

Anonymous said...

He he! Way to go Cass! Kate