Sunday, August 12, 2007

Trembling

My words are trembling
In their rosy skins
Waiting to be peeled and tasted.

Those are words I wrote in my journal a year and a half ago. My words have still waited and waited, and sometimes still trembled too...and I think now I'm going to post some poems. One today, hopefully another tomorrow :) That's all the explanation I'll venture right now.


I see You
Knee-deep in mud
Brave arms bared against the snake
As You wrestle with my life.

No wonder You were trained a carpenter
Strong and able to build and mend.

No wonder You're the Potter
For this audacious clay.

No wonder You were whipped
And nailed in blood to die-

Now subdue my soul to ransom
To know this passioned Christ.

(July 2007)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cass!
it was great to see you yesterday!
beautiful poem! love you

Cassie said...

Hey Jesse... you ought to start a blog, if you are allowed to...it would be a great way to keep in touch.

love, Cass