Monday, August 13, 2007

Silence

Silence is here in my room
Silence laced with cricket song
That makes silence still more silent
And revolves the earth, all night long
That would otherwise forget to move.
It's a silence in which my soul sings
And rests and mounts with wings
And yet comes down and nests.
I'm folded in the wing of God;
I feel Him tiptoe in my room
And breath close to my ear
And I smile because it's in this silence
I remember what I've forgotten all day long--
A love, a joy, a peaceful rest,
When silence comes and I
Lay breathing on His chest.


(Aug. 2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~*Beautiful*~

Bailey said...

lol, i just read your comments=) thanx.i totally understand not wanting to sign in,haha. Yeah, i got a new cat, she is really cute; you have to come see her sometime=)anyhow, luv u=D