Monday, August 20, 2007

A poem and this Summer

Being with you without words
Would be a precious thing--
Those words that clutter up the space,
That claw and cling
Attempting to build a bridge between us--
Would you stay if there were no words
To hold your eyes to mine
Or would you slip away,
Uncaptured by my quietness?

(Jan. 2006)

I didn't post a poem yesterday, obviously...totally forgot about it in the course of an eventful but pleasant, relaxing day. But of course, it was Sunday, and it's probably best that I didn't "try" to post. I wasn't going to be legalistic and ban myself from posting on Sundays, but God can lead me how He wants, and apparently He led me to forget all about it yesterday :) All this stuff is in His hands.

This summer I:

Was really bored for the first time in my life
Surrendered a lot of my busy little plans and projects
Practiced waiting

And I think the biggest thing I've gotten out of it all is that, even as God leads me into "more exciting" phases in my life (where I get to use some of my interests), I need Him for everything. I'm not an independent being. I need my next breath from Him...I need to be anchored in Him, every day, every hour, every minute. So...to live that out :)

No comments: