Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Looking Up

Oh God, you saw today
All the thoughts I turned away
All the words I didn't say
All I see is that I tried
And that I failed in many ways...
But through this downtrodden teary haze
I'm searching for Your loving gaze
Remembering the past when You've
Forgone the dread rebuke.
Outside and to the world I've failed
My overwhelming flesh prevailed
But You must see the lifted face
Tearstreaked, hungry for embrace
Weakened by the weight of work
Bound by countless duties shirked
Afraid of knowing deep inside
The demand that goes unsatisfied
Thirsty for the blood that frees
Longing to look with eyes that see
At the tree of my Savior's love
And find to there my freedom, proved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cass... beautiful.

Love you!

Cassie said...

Julia, thank you for your sweet encouragement. I don't know why, but it kind of feels like an act of courage to post these things. I guess enCOURAGEment helps COURAGE :)

I'm a bit sad I missed youth group, what with the new things Pastor Bud has been talking about and all, but there will be other times I suppose.

love you, Cass

Connie said...

Ah Cassie. Just beautiful. Keep being brave and posting. It's wonderful. :)