Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ten Things About Today

1. I made ginger carrots for supper to go with Mom's penne.
2. Dad and Connor are somewhere in East Mountain looking at a new computer monitor. (Ours died and we're borrowing one at present from our dear next door cousins.)
3. I'm reading a kid's book on how to write poetry and actually being inspired to try my hand at some "disciplined" poetry, instead of the kind that falls out randomly, rhymed or unrhymed, and never metered.
4. Our neighbor of six years moved out today and brought us a festive looking pie plate as a dish. We are xenophobicly speculating about the new neighbor.
5. I got an extended time of coveted peace and quiet and alone-ish-ness today.
6. I wrote a much longer letter than I even meant to to a dear friend, but she likes letters, and I think she deserves it.
7. I wonder if I will ever outgrow the habit of twisting my hair when I'm thinking.
8. Nope, I don't think so.
9. This morning Ethan's Stone Soup was sitting on the counter (he concocted it last night of milk, water, salt, pepper, leaves, and carrots. I think there was some dog backwash in there too, since the cooking went on outside on the porch.) We've been reading the cheery kid's book Stone Soup.
10. Today I discovered that God did write poetry. Just go read Job.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Bring on the sonnets!

And you'll have to tell me about the ginger carrots. They sound good!

Julia said...

Cassie, did you get the monitor? If you didn't, we have an extra one that you may keep. Dad says he doesn't need two! It's not a super monitor, but it does work alright.