Monday, September 10, 2007

Practice

Well, well, well. I'm starting to want to really write on my blog again, instead of just sticking with the poems.

After the delightful teatime Mrs. Burklin provided for the two of us on Saturday, wherein we talked quite a lot about writing and, as usual, she shared a lot of wisdom with me, I have surmised that I need to practice writing. Practice, practice, practice. Yesterday, on the way home from church, I caught myself exorting Mattie to embrace correction of her piano mistakes so that she can learn more and hone her musical abilities. As soon as I said it I nearly choked, realizing that I'd just preached myself a sermon. It was kind of mortifying and funny at the same time.

So, I have my blog to practice on, and my usual journal, but I also have a new secret (or not so secret any more) weapon...a robust new five section notebook, with a nice, springish green sort of cover, that I'm hoping to fill up before Christmas. Of course, if I use my favorite pens (which bleed through) it will be only half the book that gets filled. But it will be a goal, and it will be practice.

No comments: