Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Truth About Me

You just don't know the truth about yourself until you hear it from the mouth of a child. In a world where, out of mere discretion, polite adults and teens do not go around airing their opinions about you, a touch of out-of-the-box frankness is refreshing now and then. Or at least funny, even if it's not altogether true ;)

This is just a sampling of the quaint little bluntnesses I've heard over the past year or so with Broderic, Bronwyn, & co.

"You, know, Bronwyn and I noticed that you go to the bathroom a whole lot when you're at our house."

"Your earrings look like little light bulbs."

"We like it when heavy people like you jump on the trampoline with us."

"I can't BELIEVE you wore that hat. That is SO embarressing!"

"That is SO WIERD how that little bone moves up and down on your neck when you're reading."

"Your hair smells like peaches."

"Why do you ALWAYS wear that shirt?"

Too bad I can't think of more. Those kids are too funny. They say more I never know what is going to happen next. They say a lot of sweet things, too, and always keep me stocked up on hugs, so I can take a little spice too :)

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Hanging out with kids is one of the best things ever. I do it all the time. . . .