Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Crazed Muddle

Going to a family restaurant for a meal is not supposed to be R-rated. But after the words we heard and the skin we saw tonight, I was wondering! Eeek! I don't even watch movies like that.

Mom, Mattie, Ethan, and I went to Cheddar's for a supper together with a Christmas gift certificate. The emotions that come over me at a time like that are startling. Initially it's embarressment, then repulsion, mixed with a sense of being kind of shabby and second rate compared to those scary noisy flaunting people. But then, compassion breaks in, and then the Real Truth sufaces- that I am going to lift my head and smile and be a Different Sort of Girl, even if nobody in all that crazed muddle cares. Someone somewhere will care, and God will care, and He says we are "Like stars shining in the universe as you hold out the word of life..." (Phil. 2:10 I think.) Oh anyway. I don't know why I impulsively wrote all that.

It smells...mmm...humid tonight. There was such a drastic weather change yesterday and now it feels like a muggy spring night and sounds like crickets. My feet didn't know what to think to be in flip flops.

3 comments:

Linda B said...

I was not ready for winter to leave yet. I want it back!

And sorry about your restaurant experience too. You never know when you will be victim . . . I got a rather alarming eyeful this evening at the bookstore when I was innocently flipping through a knitting book!

And you ARE a different kind of girl. Thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a guy, and I don't like girls who flaunt it.
Anonju

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.