Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Brother, the Thug

Here's a peek into my life, fresh off the reel of, um, life...


Mom and "us kids" are at church doing the cleaning job there (Mom and Mattie usually do it, but today Connor and I are helping/getting other things done. So I walked into the coffee room to find Connor moving chairs for Mom. He looked up at me and said, "I look like I'm about to go rob a convenient store." Huh. Funny, he did kind of have a thuggish look about him! He was wearing his usual slightly rugged jeans and what I mentally refer to as his Jason Bourne sweater (it's a black pullover sweater thing with a zipper at the neck and a turned-up collar). To top it all of, he was wearing a grey and black toboggan. So he did look a little menacing. I told him he'd better lose the toboggan next time. At least there was no bling.

My hands are cold. They're always cold. I was just noticing it more than usual because my left hand was resting in the stream of the warm damp breath of my laptop. If the laptop wasn't so hard and square, it might actually be cozy. It's so warm. Well, the epitome of cozy is the furry blanket Grammie gave me for Christmas. Sleeping with it is like curling up with a cat. It even smells like a cat...which may not be a good thing at all!

2 comments:

Linda B said...

I can totally see your brother looking like a thug. However, I can't imagine him behaving like one! He's so thoughtful and polite! (At least when he's over here.)

Cassie said...

Yes, that's why it was so funny...he would never act like one, but he's so good at looking like one!