Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, and I started it out with a bang. We were up peeling potatoes for Mom at dawn (not a usual occurance...it was an unusual day all the way around). I got vicious with the potato peeler and almost ripped of my fingernail. Ok, so I didn't rip it off. I cut it very deeply so that it was bleeding out the middle. In all my (now nineteen) years, I've never broken a bone or had a surgery (well, since I was born), so the sight of my own blood kind freaks me out. I got it all bandaged up though. Dad was comforting me with thoughts of what would happen if I got it hung on something. *Shudders* As you can imagine, hair twisting has been sorely impeded.

But on to better things...it really was a very good birthday. I worked, but then got to go to Mrs. Burklin's for our usual second Monday teatime, with a birthdayish twist. And since Mom was very busy, Mattie saved the day and made a nice spaghetti-bread-and-olive oil meal and a super delicious birthday cake. With GREEN filling! I was too impressed. I ate so much I felt sick. But it was scrumptious.

To top it off, there was a beautiful crescent moon last night, which seemed to be a particular birthday gift from God, since He knows I like them so much and I can't recall telling anyone else :)

I don't have time for any profound thoughts...some other time...

3 comments:

Brenda Arce said...

A belated Happy Birthday Cassie!!!

Anonymous said...

YES! Happy Belated 19th birthday Cass! love you and have another great day!

Bailey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE!!!!!!! Luv yah!