Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Using My Processor

I'm really all interneted out right now, but I felt a need to post, because I don't want to get out of the habit of blogging. It was hard enough to form a habit, and I'm a little disappointed at what a tenuous one it's proving to be. I guess I should just be thankful I don't have problems on the other extreme, such as addiction :)

For most of the afternoon, I've been studying computer terms on the web. The results have been delightful! Why, oh why, did I wallow in my muddle of ignorance and confusion for so long when it's no more difficult to learn these terms than to learn...well, parts of speech, for instance. Or the parts of a car. (Not that I know anything about cars either-- perhaps I should tackle that next!) Now, when I flip through the computer ads, I can reasonably comprehend what "1GB memory, 80 GB Hard Drive" means for every day life. It means that I could probably store whatever I need to in the computer and would be able to do a lot more at one time than I'm doing now!

Well, that was short, but I really have to go. My CPU is kind of strained and the bus is having trouble getting from the motherboard to the uh...never mind. I'll let it go at that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
anonju

Linda B said...

These things are good to know. Computers are an inescapable part of life now.

Anonymous said...

:D love you cass and hope you have a great day!