Monday, October 15, 2007

Weather Report

Fall finally came today. It might be gone tomorrow- but it came today!

I don't like to change clothes a million times a day, but I can tell you I was quite willing to shed the worn out shorts and don a cozy lavender sweat suit thing to curl up in.

This morning it was so humid that I was in shorts and a t-shirt...then I put on some pants to go walking in and got soaked in the icy deluge when the skies finally broke open. I had my little fling with Autumn outside enjoying the rain and whippy wind and the leaves throwing themselves recklessly from the tops of tall trees. When the cold and wet became too much, I went in and had a warm shower. By that time I was sweating again and needed shorts and a t-shirt back. But, this is East Texas in October...when I went next door just after lunch time, I found that the front had pushed through and it was plenty nippy- nippy enough that I did finally pull out the velour and curl up inside the house. The only reason velour wasn't too hot was that we'd opened the windows to let in that rare blast of cold air!

Anyway...I consider it fall enough to post a few fall poems (like the one below.)

I had a nice entry started a few days ago but it got much to complicated to make sense (even to me). Oh well. I'll get back on track.

1 comment:

Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.