Monday, January 29, 2007

Unexpected Diamonds

Its been a long day. Rather, it's been a long day. I'm careless about my its's and it's time for me to shape up and be grammatical, I guess, since I'm trying to teach two kids English. The difference between It's and Its is hard to explain and catch onto. I know the difference, of course, but it's not so well drilled in that I use the right one subconsciously. Usually in emails and...well, a lot of times when I write...I just put "its."

But about today...I don't like to succumb to the Monday Blues, and I wouldn't say I've succumb completely, but I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed, to go teach, to have a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream sundae with our neighbor, to write a geography report and make supper (which included a new dish-- Indian bread called naan.) That was basically the day, and I'm just "plumb tuckered out." But a lot more than that was going on spiritually I guess. Honestly, I rather dread getting up tomorrow, and it shouldn't be like this.

The one beautiful thing...(well not the only thing) I saw today, that God gave me, was a sight while I was on a short walk this morning. It was so bitingly cold this morning, and I was really clipping along just trying to stay warm, but I had to stop and take a good look at the field near our house because it's just so gorgeous this time of year...tiny tints of adventurous green poking up in that ugly dead field, and the sun shining on the frost. So I looked down, and right by the road there was a patch of tiny green plants (like violets with no flowers) and they were all crusted with frost crystals...the crystals were shining in the sunlight and when I came in close to them I could see that they were incedibly, exquisitely designed ice flakes, like diamonds...beautiful! Who cares about diamond jewelry! That was precious. It's good to see something like that, to savor it, to open the door in the back of my wilting mind and heart and let that beauty peep in again and give me that warm hope-ish feeling...God is so sweet to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cass!
I so understand about the "It's" and "Its". I have a hard time remembering which is which. love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie,
The Diamonds sound beautiful! miss you! Glad you got to see the Diamonds. And I total understand being wiped out hope you get a good nites sleep 2nite! Love Yah! ~*Bailey*~

Anonymous said...

hey jesse and bailey...

good to hear from y'all. yeah, bailey, I got to catch up on some sleep and I do feel better :)