Friday, January 12, 2007

The Deep Dark Secret of a One-day English Teacher (maybe)

I'm going to confess something that may be shocking and hard to take for any grammarian readers. But I figured I had better be out with it. I may be a Possible-English-Teacher- Wannabe, but I will never be a true grammarian. As ruthless about this particular issue as I've been with my poor brother during the past three semesters of teaching him english, deep in my heart of hearts I like sentence fragments!! And since this is not a school assignment, but my very own personal space, I think I'll just indulge. There will probably be a lot of other grammatical fudging too; please just overlook it as experimental. Whew. Now that I've got that off my chest, I doubt if I'll really make use of any sentence fragments, but if the urge comes on me, well, I'll be prepared.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Sentence fragments are just okie-dokey when you're writing informally! If you read my blog, you know I use them all the time! Honestly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ;)