Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow, Sleet, Jalapenos, and...My Dad

I saw snow today. It was the ittiest bit, but it was snow! I saw it falling while I was at the Crowe's having school with Rodge and Bron...the rain began to look abnormal and then, suddenly, I realized that it was flying instead of falling, or, in the words of Buzz, "Falling WITH STYLE!" So it was. I gaped a little and grinchishly proceeded to keep the elating observation to myself...anything close to the word "SNOW" would've annihilated all chances of order, peace, and productivity for the rest of the morning =) The blizzard only lasted a few minutes anyway, at most, so I didn't feel that bad about it. Later on, Dad and I enjoyed some sleet while driving around town (the precip. wasn't sticking and therefore wasn't threatening). He took me to get a gigantic yummy hamburger at Butcher Shop. We both put pico de gallo on our burgers and both regretted it later. The jalapenos in that stuff were Texas sized! After sniffling through a few bites I dug all the green chunks out and then enjoyed the rest of it. Thoroughly. Dad and I rode around together and he did menial errands while I got a little (very little!) reading done and we chatted. My Dad has such an eye for detail and I learn so much just riding around with him. We came home and I curled up by the fire away from the Cold, Dank, and Dreary and did some schoolwork.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... I am so glad you got to see snow! fun, daddy called and said he saw some but alas we got none out here :( Anywho Luv Yah!

Anonymous said...

oops, yeah that's me
Bailey

Anonymous said...

hey cass!
so glas you got some snow! we didn't see any. but we did see sleet on wednesday afternoon!