Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mops, Bourgeoisie, and Psalms

Well, I'm finally doing it. I'm starting a blog. I've been waiting for this day for a long time, and it's very exciting, but suddenly I'm nervous, because, well...I don't know what to write. Rather, I don't know what to write first. It seems as though it should be something exciting and brilliant. Nothing comes to mind.

What does come to mind is an observation or two I made today.

1. Some mops look like sticks with dried out spaghetti on the end of them.

2. The word "Bourgeoisie" is really an amazing work of alphabetical art. It means "middle class." I found that out today in history while reading about Marxism. You hear a lot about the bourgeoisie when you're reading about Marxism, because Marxists hate the guts of the bourgeois. Therefore they hate the bourgeoisie. And, although I can't claim to be well-versed in the ways of Communists, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's not fun to be on their bad side. Poor bourgeoisie. Even though I really think that it's an amazing word, it, like starting a blog, makes me nervous, because I can't pronounce it. I've tried, but since I can't be sure it's right, I doubt that I'll be using it in public anytime soon.

While I'm getting my thinking brains warmed up, Mattie has something to post. It's Psalm 117:2, pretty appropriate to how I feel about having a brand new blog :)

"For His lovingkindness is great toward us, and the truth of the Lord is everlasting. Praise the Lord!"

Other duties now call. Adios and Adieu and all that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Immpressive!
-Laun

Cassie said...

Isn't it though? I'm very excited

Anonymous said...

Oh no now your one of them!!! =0

Chelsea said...

Congrats!!!I know you've wanted this a long time! I look forward to reading in the future!

Anonymous said...

glad you got a blog and enjoy hearing from you a little more!

amharris said...

It's pronounced sort of like "burr-jwa (soft J)- zay"...French. I didn't remember an "i" at the end but there might be...doesn't really matter, right?!

Aunt Ann

Anonymous said...

Very funny!
Remind me to pronounce the "B" word in French when I next see you, together with the corresponding words in Hungarian and Romanian that sent many people to their respective Gulags...You are right, Communists were not nice!

TJY (Transylvanian Jewish Yankee)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie! Nice way to start a blog. I look forward to reading more.
Anna