Thursday, January 25, 2007

Better than jail

It seems like a long time since I've posted.

Ooo! I can enter! Paragraphs! That makes me happy. That's why I haven't been posting...I've been subconciously dreading the malfunctioning enter key. No, not really. I just haven't had time. I've been frying my brain all day and I'm kind of worn out, but it's ok. Could be worse. A few minutes ago I was inspecting Ethan's legos and noticed an odd creation. It looked like it could have been a building, but didn't have any particular rooms, and it was topped with all sorts of "extras" namely, different colored arches...it was an architectural anomaly, definitely. "That's the jail," he told me "My guy lives there." Oh. As I said, it could be worse.

Here are two "experimentalish" poems I thought of this morning. I had several different thoughts and couldn't seem to get them to mesh properly. But anyway...

1
I cried inside, unheard and hidden
About hopes almost hopeless
Words still unsaid and
Thoughts that are barely

Thoughts at all, rising rarely
To the surface of my soul
I tried inside to say words about
Wishes and what I’ve wondered about You--
What You would do
About my asking.
Whatever I said– I don’t know what I said
Or remember all the essence of my cry–
But I looked up and saw Love listening
Just waiting to inquire


2
I cried inside about Love misplaced
Like a blanket kicked off the bed
In a cold and fretful night
Groping I searched and blindly found
A corner of cloth and clung to it.

Jesus I’ve been cold all night
Please come tuck me in again.



bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cass!
i like the poems! and i understand about the lego thing. my
brothers can build like crazy with em! love you!