Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Few Pictures

Hey everyone...internet is still quite unpredictable, but I'm just rejoicing over having it for the moment :) I'm learning lots of things here...or as the Australians would say it, "heaps of things."
I'm not sure what the Ukrainians say. :) Patience is such a virtue.

Can't be on long, but here's a picture of Tuck and me eating yellow tomatoes from the tomato farm. The fresh produce here is delicious and beautiful. Deb and I really like the market. They have it three days a week downtown, and it's not crowded, and people don't pressure you to buy. You can just look at your leisure. Today we got heating coils and buckets to heat water in for dishes and showers. (Yay!) Eventually we'll get hot water.
The sun is pretty intense here, although it's pretty cool and pleasant a lot of the time. Here's a pictue facing West-ish from the front of the house...this is part of the view from Bron and I's room, althought the picture was taken from the ground. That's the neighbors house down there.
Sorry for such a messy post. Here's part of the market from this morning. We bought milk jugs across the street-- glass ones, since the milk we got in plastic bottles was rather toxic. We'll know better next time, maybe!
In the morning Bruce and Deb are going back to Kiev for one more cleaning/business day, so I'll be here with the kids. They play outside lots and behave well, although the mental part of "managing" and adjusting kind of wears me out. But things are going well. God is good.
My prayer every morning is, "God You can have all of me." I don't quite know what that means, but we'll see!
Please pray that I'll be able to sleep better...I think I miss the familiar blankets on my bed, oddly enough. I know it's weird, but I want my blankie :) I get so tired but then can't actually go to sleep because things just seem "off." This too shall pass.
I love you, dear friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
anonju