Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thinking and DREAMING about Ukraine

Connor is home! I'm so glad. The missing piece of the puzzle is snugly back in place, even if he is kinda worn out. When we go into restaurant, we ask for six chairs. I like that.

When Connor decided to go to Russia and I decided not to go, I was glad. When he went through the strenuous preparations, I was relieved. When he left, I was fine. While he was gone, I was content. Since the moment I walked into the airport yesterday, all that has changed.

I want to leave for Ukraine tomorrow!!! (ok, maybe like a month would be good) I'm simply in love. In love with roaring airplanes, with rolling hills and forests, with an AMAZING language that I can hardly wrap my tongue around...oh its the language that does it. I'm just in love. Yeah, go ahead and call it a crush...but I think I'll go ahead and indulge this one ;) hehe. I can't wait to connect with somebody in Russian! The very idea quickens my pulse like very few things can :D

I'm fighting a little jealousy, but truly, I'm glad I was here instead of on the Kings Kids trip. I'm very happy with where I'll be going, what I'll be doing, and who I'll be with, and even with when I'll be doing it all. Even though I really have no idea what any of those particulars are, exactly!!

I'm just wonderfully excited that this God I'm following is leading me to do something that I am actually EXCITED about...sometimes as Christians we tend to fall into this idea that life is full of drudgery and doing things we hate. At least I do. Mud huts in Africa, or daily piles of laundry. Yeah, sometimes mud huts are trying and there will always be laundry, but I so love it that God plans happy things for us. He knows exactly what turns me on. And to top that off, I really believe that the things He designed me to love (traveling to another country, connecting with others in another language, etc.) He also designed to be useful to His kingdom purposes! He has my number, and He's calling it! If that doesn't make a gal feel loved, I don't know what else will :)

As I said, I'm in love. Practically head over heels!

"He will accomplish His purposes for me." Ps. 138:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad that your glad your brother is home! and you get to go to russia sometime next year right? so you don't have to wait to long!
love you and can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Luv yew Cass! The Ukraine sounds like it will be amazing. Praying for you! Hope to c u soon