Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Missing Teenage Boyness (Connor's, that is)

My brother is coming back from Russia in less than a week!! Connor's been gone for over 4 weeks now, and I'm very ready to see him...Mattie says, "so now you get a taste of what WE went through last year!" She makes sure I don't forget the excruciating agonies they went through...buckets of tears, etc. Poor things.

I haven't once cried about Connor being gone...but did realize the other day the nearness of his age to mine-- the very thing that used to cause such issues in our relationship when we were little bickering kids-- is what makes me miss him now. You relate to each person in your family differently...Mattie and I can relate through girly emotions we both have, Mom and I have lots of talks together...this weekend I got to be Dad's navigator as we explored the backroads of Texas on the way to and from Glen Rose, and we got to share our love for new places through armchair travel as well! Ethan...well, crazy enough, I see so much of Ethan's personality in myself sometimes that it's painful...but even in his wierd little 4 year old world, I feel that I understand him :)

So, even though Connor and I don't have similar personalities, (we've come to a place where that's actually a good thing) we really enjoy each other, and I'm beginning to need a good dose of his Teenage Boyness (which I can't properly get from any other source!) Who knew I would ever miss that, but oh, I do! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss him to. Your family is so much a part of me that I consider him as much my brother as he is yours. Almost.

I love you Cass.

Kate said...

::gasp:: I need a boy! What will my girls do without teenage boyness someday? lol =)

Cassie said...

gasp is right Katie, its amazing the influence a brother has to make or break a sis. I'm just glad I have a good one and that we finally quit bickering!