Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Day in the Life of...

Today I...

Woke up way too early and grumbled my way through showering and shivered into the car (I forgot to expect it to be cold!) with Mom to go to her dentist's appointment with her, and from there to run errands and have a special one on one breakfast time at McDonalds. It was certainly worth getting up early :)

It was raining deliciously. We sipped our piping-hot Mickey D's coffee and talked about how great Jesus is (it's nice to constantly remind each other!) At Wal-mart I happened on two of the Christmas presents I hunted unsuccessfully for yesterday...yay! My Christmas shopping is mercifully simple and nearly done :) I'm just so thankful that I found that one item that I couldn't find in the places I expected it...good ol' Walmart!

Mom dropped me off at the Crowe's and we had a mathy morning, which also involved drawing monsters with a certain (abnormal) amount of body parts. Very exciting. I drove home in the still-wet-and-cold to have lunch and then set off for Mrs. Burklin's for tea. All would have been well, excpect that I got lured into the library again (You'd think twice in one week would be enough) and, for the first time in my 15 months of driving, locked the keys in the car. I'm sure it won't be the last time. I phoned Dad and he heroically came for me...a little grin lurking around in his beard. It was sweet of him just to grin, considering he had to drive half and hour across town to reach me.

So, after that little wrinkle in the schedule, I arrived at Mrs. Burklin's safe and sound. The tea table was a cozy glow of red and gold...golden tea pot, crimson Christmas balls, candles, red and gold brocade cloth. It was nice to visit, and Mrs. Burklin also gave me some advice on Ethan's knight costume, which was at a dead halt over some mysterious problem. I think I can go on with the sewing now.

When I got home, the kitchen was a-bustle with meal preparations, and Dad was leaving to deliver the meals Mom had made...the business was a-buzzing. It's interesting adjusting to the new happenings around suppertime. I always wondered what home businesses were like, where the whole family participates. This is only part time, but it still creates a new...dynamic, I guess.

Mattie and I made pancakes and sausage for supper, and...now it comes to blogging...

I guess that's about it today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear Linda's advice on the costume. I keep thinking about a possible solution. And by the way, the locking-of-keys has happened to me more times than I want to share. :)

Linda B said...

Isn't it at least comforting to know that the mistake was on the part of the pattern company? You did everything right! Well, you would have, anyway, if the instructions had been right!

Anonymous said...

very interesting day! I love the library too! I could all day there trying to find a good book to read! love you :)

Anonymous said...

A series of cool posts recently. In keeping with the weather, huh?
:)
Anonju