Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chocolate Covered Toothpaste, and other Birthday Surprises

A little more to add about the birthday.

Here are Deb, Bron, and I with the yum peach cobbler Deb made for our dessert last night :)


And I got birthday gifts! The shirt I'm wearing in the picture and the headband, which was from Bron. And a picture frame. That was fun :) I guess I hadn't thought that much about presents.

Here's Rodgie stuffing his face on peach cobbler...

And the three middle guys showing off their paper aircraft that patrolled the skies before and after supper...(Tucker, Brent, Clark, from left to right)

Later I went home to Masha, who was sick, poor girl. She came out and I opened The Package ;) There was no bubble wrap, but a delightful array of loot that made me forget about bubble wrap entirely. I couldn't believe they stuffed all those things in that box! I pulled out two little candles, a small journal, pens(!!!), wintergreen hued organic cotton pillowcases in an adorable drawstring bag, minty Tension Relief lotion (what, for me?!), a letter, and chocolate mints (both York and Juniors).

The reasons for all the minty stuff were, 1) I like it. 2) It's not too popular, (or readily available) around here. Masha had told me before that she didn't like mint chocolate, but I offered her a Junior's mint anyway. You have to share good candy with somebody!

"Maybe you'll like it," I told her. She popped it in.

"Tastes like toothpaste covered in chocolate, to me."

Hm. Come to think of it, it does. And it's great! Hey, toothpaste covered in chocolate...that's not a bad idea...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....Chocolate covered toothpaste...sounds interesting. Tell Masha to get better soon!! Tell her I named a character in my story after her. Oh thrilling.... That should cheer her up.:)

Kate

Anonymous said...

Hey Cass,

I'll never mail another package to you without bubble wrap. And I thought I had thought of everything!
I'll write an e-mail this weekend when I have some time to breathe. Lot's of good things are happening.
I love you!
Mom

P.S. Thank Bruce, Deb, and all the munchkins for loving my daughter for me.

Cassie said...

haha...the lack of bubble wrap was not at all devestating. It was fine. Really. :) I just remembered how fun the stuff was.

It really was the ideal birthday package :)