Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I am Going to Read to Myself...

Mmmm. Tummy hurts. Just the first thought that comes to mind...I feel queasy, but I must not be sick, because I was hungry for lunch, which I just ate, and usually people don't feel like eating when they're going to throw up. Not this person, anyway.

Nothing in particular to write...in fact, I think I'm going to lay in bed and read the sequel to Sarah, Plain and Tall for a little while. I know Sarah, Plain and Tall is not exactly challenging literature, but it's peaceful, restful, and well crafted. And it has something to say about life that tugs at me right now. I read the first book to Bron yesterday and there was a line that the neighbor, Maggie, says to Sarah, who is new on the prairie and misses Maine.

"No matter where you are, you'll always miss something."

Layla, our kitty (no, Mattie's- though I'm liking her more and more every day), is getting warmed up to us. Her name is actually spelled Leyla, not Layla, which I actually like better. She will sit in our laps a little sometimes, and is particularly partial to Dad's. She's still shy, and gets spooked easily. This morning Mom picked her up and held her, and when Ethan walked into the room, she (Leyla) hissed at him like a little snake. Rrreeeer!

On Friday my cousin Anna will be here! Yay! I haven't seen her in three years, since they ended their last furlough and went "home" to Niger. They're visiting again and will be in for about six days, I think. They were going to come today or tomorrow, but it's been moved out. I can't wait to catch up with one of my dearest friends in the world and see what her life is really like now. Instant messaging just doesn't cut it. It will be a happy time with the whole family. Uncle Kevin, Aunt Colleen, Anna, Stephen, Daniel, and Matthew...Jon and Jo are in Washington still finishing up the college semester.

I truly am going to go off and read now, if I can keep from getting guilty and trying to occupy myself...

2 comments:

Paige said...

Good grief, Cassie, of course you are NOT bugging me! I think all bloggers have an un-admitted pride in getting comments on their blog, and besides that I so love your perspective on life;) I'll have to check out you poetry blog. One book of poetry that I actually really like is "Toward Jerusalem" by Amy Charmichael, but I seemed to have misplaced my copy:(

Many blessings your way! Keep the posts [and comments:)]coming.

Anonymous said...

have fun with your cousins tomorrow! ;]