Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Call Me Piglet

I love Winnie the Pooh because it illustrates, with mere adorable stuffed animals, what human nature is really like. Vivid personalities come out in a beloved bear "all stuffed with fluff," an anxious piglet, a melancholy donkey...

This is so the typical pessimist, if I may once again fall into my ever present fault of stereotyping...

(A conversation between Pooh and Eeyore, upon discovering Eeyore's tail to be missing)

""What has happened to it?" said Eeyore.
"It isn't there!"
"Are you sure?"
"Well, either a tail is there or it isn't there!" You can't make a mistake about it. And yours isn't there."
"Then what is?"
"Nothing."
"Let's have a look," said Eeyore..."

(Looks)

"...At last he said, with a long, sad sigh, "I believe you're right."
"Of course I'm right," said Pooh.
"That Accounts for a Good Deal," said Eeyore gloomily. "It Explains Everything. No Wonder."
"You must have left it somewhere," said Winnie-the-Pooh.
"Somebody must have taken it," said Eeyore.
"How Like Them," he added, after a long silence."

"How Like Them." Yes. It's just like Them to do such a thing!

So, following Bailey's idea about taking the "Which Jane Austen Character are You?" quizz, I looked up a "Which Winnie the Pooh Character are You?" quizz, and took it. Actually, I took about four different ones and came out with four differing results. I was Roo, Owl, and Pooh Bear by turns. On the last one I was Piglet (don't laugh!), but as that one was longest and seemed more accurate, and seeing as my very dear friends Lauren and Gracie have determined that I'm piglet-like...I think it's probably right. However, I take comfort in the fact that my second rating was Christoper Robin...Christopher Robin is my hero!

I hope that this link will work so that you can take the quizz too, if the fit takes you...

http://www.selectsmart.com/plus/select.php?url=pooh

Sorry. I don't know how to get the link workable, but I guess you can copy the url...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah! I can see you as Piglet! have a great day!

Leto Granger said...

Well I came out Christopher Robin, so I guess that makes me your hero. :)

Leto Granger said...

Lauren came out as Pooh Bear.

Cassie said...

hmm...that says something, doesn't it?

Yes, you totally are my hero, Gracie. :)

Anonymous said...

I came out as Pooh Bear, and Kanga!