Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Eat it and See What Happens

One side of phone conversation overheard in the kitchen this afternoon:

"You're yelling at me."
pause.
"No."
pause.
"I think it should be fine."
pause.
"Just go ahead and eat it and see what happens."

This was my Mom, on the phone with a frantic Connor, who was afraid his supper had spoiled in the car while he was in class. (He stayed in town for youth group.) It didn't involve any dairy, so Mom assured him it was ok. After all, this is the guy who once heated a raw pork chop for a few seconds in the microwave and started eating it, thinking it was leftover from a meal already cooked. Best to look at life as an adventure, I suppose.

3 comments:

Lauren S. said...

Sounds like a good philosophy to me!

Linda B said...

He could have asked to put his food in the fridge!

Kate said...

lol, the raw pork chop... So gross!