Monday, June 25, 2007

Love Verses from God

My bloglessness of the past two weeks has caught up with me...I don't know how to jump back in. I could talk about how much its been raining, but that would be totally unnecessary and probably annoying, so I won't. And I could tell more about recent grocery shopping experiences, but that would be redundant, and probably also annoying, so I won't.

So, hmm. God's word is really amazing right now. It's hard to say that without a twinge of guilt, because, while it's been so amazing to me, I keep on putting it off and pushing it aside like dirty laundry. But that doesn't change God, or His word, and I'm so thankful for that!! I've been writing down verses on cards and keeping them close...in the kitchen, by my bed, in my purse (where they keep getting ruined in the rain.) Until now, I've mostly ignored verse cards, avoiding them like a truant because of my constant failure at memorization. But I'm not *ahem* memorizing the verses...I'm just reading them a lot so that I remember them. See? It's NOT the same. We've been looking up verses on who God says we are...and it brings so much security at a time when I need it so much! Well, I guess everyone needs it, but I find in the middle of the life crisis of graduating and all the changes that go with that, I REALLY feel the need to know what God says to me and about me. And more often than not, the verses are really saying something about who HE is for me.

I can't doubt His love...
"I have loved you with an everlasting love." Jeremiah 31:3

I am not rejected...
"I have chosen you and not rejected you." Isaiah 41:9

I am not left behind...
"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

I am not cut off, untouched, alone, lost, or out of control...
"You have hemmed me in behind and before, You have laid Your hand apon me." Ps. 139:5

I am not unwanted...
"I belong to the Lord." Isaiah 44:5

All these are just faint echoes of a mysteriously wonderful relationship with a mysterious, wonderful, invisible Being who I'm just beginning to love...It's like a childhood, an adoption, a courtship, an engagement, a marriage, a friendship, all rolled into one rich purple garment wrapped around my shoulders...the "garment of salvation" mentioned in Isaiah 61:10 (another love verse!)

It's so amazing to bask in this and let it soak in, surround me, drown me...and these are only five verses in a whole book-full!

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Your getting it Cass! Ups and downs, emotions and so forth don't stand forever, only God's word stands forever! It is amazing to think God would give us a book about His love for us. The Creator and Sustainer of the universe dwells with us, even us! Keep seeking.

I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing! I really needed those verses because sometimes I feel the exact opposite of what those verses say...but, God does have a purpose and plan for me!

love you and have a great day!

Linda B said...

The more Scripture you know, the more God's words are available to you all the time. I wish I was more consistent in requiring my own kids to learn Scripture like I did.