Monday, April 20, 2009

A Scoop of Brain Soup

I've had a lot of disjointed goobledegop going around my brain the past week and haven't wanted to blog because of it. But the less I blog, the more disjointed the jumble grows, so I may as well force something out and hope the writers block melts away on its own.

I'm rocking Noah on my hip and hoping his cookie is taking effect and will quiet the wailing. His mom just went to the store and he feels a bit bereaved.

I'm tired of writing about spring. Spring this and spring that. Spring comes to mind first because it's all around me, but it makes for boring writing after a while. Case in point.

Today Deb played a song in the house from Slumdog Millionare, a new favorite movie of mine. It's called Jai Ho, and it's sort of Indian, and wild, and beautiful, and roused my blood. I felt freaked out and wanted to know why in the world God gave us crazy emotions our brains and bodies don't have the capacity to hold or express. I have no idea why music creates such powerful emotions in me, but maybe eventually I'll start dancing and get some relief. Maybe music gives us glimpses of heaven that we crave and can't get enough of. There was something in India like that. Something in the drums, I think.

There is a little old man who lives down the street; his house is on the corner of the Crowes' street and another one. He seems to always be outside, puttering around or working on what I assume to be a chicken coop. And he has a huge grin that I look forward to every time I walk by. I've started saying "Dobry Dyen" a little more often to people I meet when walking througth the neighborhood, and I enjoy the results. Most people here are really friendly.

My brain is still mush and the writers block isn't subsiding. Maybe it's the headache I've had all day...so I'll say goodbye...

2 comments:

connor said...

I was thinking about looking for the sound track to slumdog millionaire just the other day. I've seen it twice and it's definitely one of my favorite movies now. I think I'm going to end up buying it. : )

Anonymous said...

Dad, Connor, and I watched Slumdog Millionaire the other night and I loved it!! Its definitely one of my favorites!! Love you!!
Kate