Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friends, Relatives, and Playdough Elephants

Hi. What to say? It's been good lately to spend time with some folks I've missed.
Last night Gracie crashed our house (that sounds more damaging than it was) and we watched Horton Hears a Who and took a walk under the stars with Connor and Mattie. On the way back we spotted something beside the road...it looked like an animal of some sort curled up on the ground. It was our cousin, James, hiding there to surprise us. So he got up and we stood around staring at the stars, which were out full force, and visited, and he walked home with us and we stood shivering in our driveway talking some more until he had to go home (they live next door). :)

Today Flic came over since she's in town this week, and we had lunch and had another walk and talked...it was so good to talk with her, and even be able to pray together. She has such an uplifting, joyful spirit that I was spurred on to just thank and love God more.

I've been thinking about a quote I read from an Emily Dickinson poem recently:

"Grant me, oh Lord, a sunny mind."

That's kind of become my prayer. I feel like I'm recovering from a depression of sorts, and my life feels so shaky sometimes. I feel like saying "No more storm clouds, please!" I'm rallying my strength for another go. I love Ukraine and I have good relationships there, and I know that's where God has me at this point, but I need a lot of strength and perseverence and just a deeper walk with God to continue. I need more of Him, really badly. And there seem to be some walls up in my life.
I have a lot of pics but not time to post them. But here's one of Ethan and I making playdough elephants soon after I arrived. He got playdough for his birthday. He built Who-Ville, as well...which looks a cluster of Cappadocian Fairy Cones. Bright purple and neon green ones. I added a Who train, but he came up with it and did most of the work.


1 comment:

Julia said...

Such a sweet picture! Sounds like fun. =)