Monday, March 17, 2008

Words of Comfort

Oh dear. It's been a long while since I blogged, and even now I don't know what to say. If you wanted to read something charming and witty, then you'll have to go elsewhere :)

Sometimes I miss Jesus so bad it hurts. I miss Him, I miss seeing His face, because it gets so blurred and disfigured in my mind sometimes. I miss Him in other people, when I'm separated from them. In 1 Thessalonians, Paul said that he was praying earnestly day and night that he would be reunited with his friends. "For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in His presence when He comes? Is it not you?" Separation is sometimes physical, sometimes not. I can see my friends and talk to them without really "being" with them in spirit.

I've been thinking about the banquet table of the Lord. I'm longing for His table, where I'll truly belong...

Where the "least of these" will be the greatest. (Luke 9:48)
Those who mourn will be comforted. (Matt. 5:4)
Tears will be wiped away. (Rev. 7:17)
There will be no more crying and no more pain. (Rev. 21:4)
No more darkened glass. (1Cor. 13:12)
He is a dwelling place for all generations. (Ps. 90:1)
All mountains will be raised up, all valleys be made low. (Is. 40:4)
Jesus will have his rightful place. (Rev. 12:10)
When He comes, He will come with a shout. (1 Thess. 4:16)
We will sit with Him on His throne. (Rev. 3:21)
We will be with Him where He is. (John 14:3)
Death will be swallowed up in victory. (1 Cor. 15:54)
We will all be changed. (1 Cor. 15:51)
He will delviver us. (2 Cor. 1:10)
We will be caught up together to be with Him. (1 Thess. 4:17)
He will reward us. (Heb. 11:6)
He will give us grace. (1 Pet. 1:13)
He will declare before our accusers how much He really loves us. (Rev. 3:9)
We will be with Him forever. (1 Thess. 4:17)

"Therefore comfort one another with these words...He who testifies to these things says 'Yes, I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen." (1 Thess. 4:18, Rev. 22:20-21)

No comments: