Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Most Patriotic Thing I've Ever Done

Today I voted for the first time! Yay! It was the most patriotic thing I've ever ever done. I loved it. I appreciate my dear country more for having actually taken part in its well being.

All the political palaver makes me want to puke, and I want to go bury my head in the sand like an ostrich to avoid the unpleasantness, but I recognize that debates are sometimes necessary, and the truth has to come out, even if it is with a lot of demoralizing garbage. At this point, I confess, I still rely on Dad's views because I haven't researched for myself. I've made my faith my own, but not my politics, yet :) But I will. The privilege and dignity of voting is great incentive to take up the responsibility with gusto.


Must go now...will write more sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! FOR CASSIE! you voted for your first time! congrats! Oh! I miss you so much cass! we need to catch up sometime! later! =D