Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dver

"Close the door and open your heart
Get on your knees and stop thinking about death
May the angel of death lose your address
You will be different, you will live in joy."

That is the chorus to a Russian rap song...is it not amazing? It's like a direct command to me and my thought life; it smacks me in the face. Yeah...I don't like rap, and I've never listened to Russian music, but I suddenly like this A LOT, simply because it is Russian, and the lyrics are piercing, and they say bookfuls not just to me and teens in general, but mainly to and about Russian (and Ukrainian!) teens. Since the chorus of the song is not rappy, I can sing it, the Russian version, so I do... non stop around the house, in the parking lot, and in the shower. oh...and "Dver" means "door." more later!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

That IS a really cool song!
In Russian? You will have to show me sometime,i bet it sounds even better in Russian=)Luv yah!

Anonymous said...

wow...that's amazing lyric's. really mind boggling...if you know what I mean! love you Cass and hope to see you soon!