Thursday, September 3, 2009

Squinting at Life

I suppose I am a little lost when it comes to blogging. What is this blog about again? Oh yes, a close up look at life. Let’s just say I’m having to squint.

I smell coffee. Mom is making it, because she just got home from work and it’s a rainyish day. I spent a lot of the day schooling and reading to Ethan. He seems to have the same interest in geography that the rest of us kids got from Dad. I showed him the seven continents and tried to demonstrate the world on an apple, which, because this apple was even less spherical than normal apples, was tricky.

I never thought of myself as a coffee drinker, but now I want it whenever I can get it. But not ice cream. My whole family swarms to the freezer for ice cream about half an hour before bed time, but I don't feel interested. Is it a bad sign to not want ice cream?

Although I dreamed of Rocky Road Blue Bell for months before I came home, and after I got back, I watched a whole carton be devoured before my very eyes without eating a single bite. It’s not that they wouldn’t share. They offered. But I just didn’t feel like eating it. No thanks, I said. Just make it an aspirin with a side of sledgehammer.

Squinting…squinting…

I drank my coffee.

I took a walk.

I got a shower because I tend to think better when I don’t stink.

Now I give up. I’ll try to write another day.

No comments: