Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kitten Hunting

It is a very good day today, because it is raining, and I am in a car with two very dear friends. I am also on a trip, which, however short, still qualifies as a trip because it took over two hours to get here and I am spending more than one night away from home. Which greatly buoys my spirits, even though I am such a home body and like to be home. I usually want to be completely home or completely not home, not just...busy.

Gracie and I came to visit Lauren in Bonham for her birthday, trying to surprise her, which we generally did, except that she walked out of the house too soon and we had to be quicker on the draw with the silly string than originally intended. She also had a surprise for Gracie: a striped orange kitten who was paranoid to breathe and spent the afternoon yelping and crying in his new mother's arms. He is very cute and still nameless, but he needs a sibling.

Hence us, in the car, in downtown Bonham, searching for free kittens on the internet. We tried sitting in McDonalds but they had no Wifi. So after an iced mocha and a large shared order of fries and half an important conversation we left and went searching for Wifi...and kittens.

No luck yet.

No comments: