Monday, May 18, 2009

A Nice Song

"At the foot of the cross
Where grace and mercy meet
You have shown me your love
By the judgement you received

And you've won my heart
Yes, you've won my heart
Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death you bore for me

And you've won my heart..."

At the Foot of the Cross (Kathryn Scott)

That song has been on my mind a lot lately and I really love it. I commented to Deb this morning that it's weird how I can be struggling with so many things and at the same time be so happy with life. When you have hope in Jesus for eternity and you know He's going to redeem all things, you don't have to be afraid or worried about the painful or scary stuff. Of course I'm still learning this...but I know it's true.

When I wake up groggily in the morning I remember that the Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead probably won't have a problem raising me from bed in the morning. And sure enough, I sit up, rub my eyes, slip on my shuffly houseshoes, and there I am, up for another day.

Speaking of another new day...there will be one soon and I promised myself I'd go to bed earlier and get some sleep tonight, so since I don't know where this blog post was going anyway...I'll end.

No comments: