Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Favorite Disney Princess

Tonight Bron and I have been having our weekly girl time while Bruce and Deb are in Kiev with the older boys. It seems to work out that way so far with Brent doing hockey...and it's fun. Tonight we made sundaes and did silly quizzes on the internet. Nothing very beneficial, but some good mindless fun ;)

So which Disney princess are you? Apparently I'm a cross between Jasmine and Belle. Aha. Hence my affinity to magic carpet rides and huge libraries.

No, actually Belle is my favorite. I really have this thing with princesses and fairytales. But then, I guess we can all identify with a craving for breathtaking adventure. Something bigger than our days. A curiosity about the ends of the earth...what's deep down inside of people...Someday I'm going to write a book...someday...someday...someday...when I find that talking candlestick and see into a magic mirror...

So what would it be like to ride on a magic carpet, really? Drifting throught the air with no rails or seat belt...swooping throught the sky...mmm, sounds like car(pet) sickess coming right up. (Maybe literally.) I've had dreams that I was on a platform way out in the middle of space, tilting this way and that and sliding toward the edge. It wasn't pleasant.

On the other hand, a fairytale carpet could be a sweet ride, belonging in a fairytale and all. Gliding...that's the word I was looking for. I'd like to glide on a starry night spread out on my back, looking up. And then I'd turn over and watch the hushed silver world fly by, asleep beneath me. Good conversation with a friend would just add the perfect touch.

Well, no carpet rides tonight. The clouds have tucked the stars into bed for a long sleep, and tonight I'll be one of the inhabitants of the hushed world...hushed that is, but for the distant whine of a car alarm and the barking of the occasional (hopefully occasional) dog.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Your're making me wish I could have that dream about holding on to a magic stick and soaring over the treetops again...
It wasn't so bad...:) Kate

ps. I love you all the way to the moon and back!!:) Remember that story Cass???;)

Cassie said...

yeah, I remember it... :)

Linda B said...

You're totally Belle. No way can I see you decked out in Jasmine's getup!

Emma said...

I luv jasmine! but I dont think you are very Jasmine'y=) you are SO belle!

Bekah said...

Woah, your making me dizzy! What an interesting topic. i bet Bron just loved it though! Love you! Miss you! Can't wait 'till you come for christmas so I can hug your neck!

Bekah said...

Woah, your making me dizzy! What an interesting topic. I bet Bron just loved it though! Love you! Miss you! Can't wait 'till you come for christmas so I can hug your neck!