Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting Toasty

I am about to go phone my lovely sister and wish her a belated happy birthday. Yesterday I think she was traveling, so I didn't call then.

Masha and I are warming up to our house. Our house is warming up to us. Long johns are still a must (for me at least) but this morning the kitchen was so toasty that Masha complained of being hot. Hot was not the word I would have used, but "cozy" with the mug of hot chocolate that she made for me...yes.
Yesterday Cheryl, Masha, and I cleaned up the other house and Masha gave over the keys, and we walked away forever. I suppose forever. How strange to move out of a house. I only lived there for two and a half months, but I still feel it. Not that I really miss it, but I feel like I left part of myself there. I think my only regret is that I never got to see the cherry trees bloom in the yard. But I think I can find some other cherry trees.

Here, by the way, is a picture of the new house. I don't have many good ones yet. And the next is a not-so flattering picture of Angel and me scrubbing in the kitchen last week.

No comments: