Friday, July 2, 2010

Agh! My Google is in Arabic...and other small obervances

I only have 12 minutes before battery runs out on my dear little overheating computer, but I had to take advantage of the rest of my Dubai layover. Here I am, finishing hard-earned chicken dimsums and and a pepsi.

My Checking in process will start in about an hour, and so far things are looking pretty good in the transferring department, though there have been a few hairy moments. I'm on a major learning curve. In fact, I suspect that this may actually be a circle. I'm just going to keep going 'round. But thank heavens for 7 hour layovers. I've spent the better part of it inspecting the nooks and crannies of DBX.

I have to say that I can hold no grudge toward anyone in this airport after experiencing the free hot shower...utter bliss to aching bones. Even if I did wash my hair with body wash. And did somebody say that Dubai was dry? No, no. One trip down the sidewalk to another entrance and my hair completely poofed. Not that I care right now.

From the safety of the shower cubicle, I could here the girls and ladies trickling in and out, giggling, laughing, talking, scolding...and I felt that, yes, they are just like me, and everything is going to be okay. If I don't trip over my headscarf and strangle somewhere along the way.

Love to you all.

...end of battery life...see you in Kabul...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi cassie how are you? i miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooosoooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! are you having a good time. im prayingfor you and i love you. Hannah Johnson