Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Weird Dream

Last night I had a very weird and detailed dream.

In it, Masha and I woke up very early and we drove Gaven’s mo-ped to the bus station. I discovered that it is nearly impossible to be ladylike while riding a moped in a skirt. When we got there, we met Gaven and took a bus to Bila Tserkva, where Masha used to live. We went shopping and I found souvenirs for my family and Gaven picked out shoes for Masha that she liked and she bought them. (Weird or what?)

The next thing that happened was that we were in a pizzeria and ate you guessed it, pizza…and then the lights turned off in the toilet while I was there and I was left in the dark.

After that we went to a park where Masha and Gaven went on a spinning-round-and-round-kind-of-ride, but I didn’t do it because just watching it made me feel sick. So instead I took pictures of them, and of the colorful zinnias along the fence. They got off and my nose started to bleed, so I had to sit on a bench with my head cocked back, waiting for it to stop and trying to clean up with Kleenex and water.

I said that it was like a weird dream, and they said that maybe it really was.

When the “leak” as Gaven put it, had stopped, we rode a decrepit ferris wheel that was slow enough that I didn’t get sick but had plenty of time to think about the distance between me and the ground. I was scared silly but it was a nice view.

After that park we went for a walk in a foresty park and saw pelicans and lions and statues we didn’t want to look at, and I ate a hazelnut snickers. Masha hit Gaven a lot with a bottle and I laughed a lot. We were so hot and tired and happy that we dozed on the way home in the marshrutka. And that was that.

Actually, it wasn’t a dream at all. It was all real…except that the lions and pelicans were not real, they were statues. And it was a very nice day.

No comments: